" a piss ant blog" -Rikimaru


"Dethtron, you are...an asshole" - 38% of Dick Move Readers


" I probably won't read unless I'm bored as shit at work" - A. Hack



"I cannot bring myself to actually read this drivel"- anonymous

"pox riddled post coital stain of a blog"- anonymous



Thursday, April 8, 2010

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends' nose or Sanguinary Priests?


Ran across a funny/bad discussion on Tabletopwelt.de. Bitte Hier klicken wenn du Deutsch sprechen kannst. Or if you couldn't read that last sentence, I will translate for you.

"Priests Can they be Picked?"Guluwula- after reading in various forums and posts that you can't directly attack Priests in a unit, I'd like to play it safe and ask exactly why you can't attack a priest, since they are ICs.~that sentence wasn't any less unwieldy in German either :)

BrotherHelix- There are several possibilities for targeting him. In "Blood Angels Treff" (page 19) we've already exchanged some words on the subject.

Mental duel, for example, where one can argue that this rule isn't used. Space wolves have a psychic power that can do this, but I don't remember it exactly. The Vindicare assassin can also pick out a target in unit from a distance. If you dig deeper, you'll probably find more examples.
In close combat anyway, the normal rules will apply making the IC a legal target.

The fact that this is even being discussed is depressing to me. I can see some semantic logic to the whole Landraiders can't be taken as troops transports argument (although I believe they can due to RAI), but this is just fucking silly. I can't imagine the failure in deductive reasoning that led to any kind of a debate about this. It probably looked something like this-


Helmut: "Sanguinary Priests make me Affengeil"

Florian: "Yeah especially since you can't target them separately from a unit they've joined"

Helmut: "wait, what?"

Florian: "Totally duder, since you can buy them in multiples per FOC slot they're a unit, clearly."

Helmut: "But it says they're independent characters..."

Florian: "..."

Helmut: ".....?"

Florian: "...But they're red...."

Helmut: adbvlr*


=============================================================

*auf dem Boden vor Lachen rollen or rofl

4 comments:

TheKing Elessar said...

lacht mir den Arsch ab!

0range said...

Kommt mir das nur vor oder sind deutsche Foren NOCH DÜMMER als die englischen?

Dethtron said...

an Orange: Jein?!?

Unknown said...

Dethtron, I demand a 40k Red vs Blue. GO!