" a piss ant blog" -Rikimaru


"Dethtron, you are...an asshole" - 38% of Dick Move Readers


" I probably won't read unless I'm bored as shit at work" - A. Hack



"I cannot bring myself to actually read this drivel"- anonymous

"pox riddled post coital stain of a blog"- anonymous



Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Raveonettes

Just dug their newest album "In and Out of Control" out of the vault for a listen today and it reminded me what a great band these two are. Originally from the Netherlands, they've since relocated to New York to try and make it big. Still hasn't happened for them yet, although I think I heard a clip of this song during some god awful VH1 show. Saw them live here in Chicago last year and it was one of the best live shows I've seen in a while, especially after being a little underwhelmed by Ladytron's live set earlier in the year.

Anyway, each of the Ravonette's albums is great and I would highly recommend any of them. They have a very unique sound that is sort of a re-imagining of 50s/60s rock in roll with elements of no wave and modern synths added in. It doesn't hurt that their singer/drummer/bassist/guitarist is a stone cold fox either. She's the one singing to the bird at the end of the video. Now sit back and enjoy the happiest song ever written about overdosing.

No comments: