" a piss ant blog" -Rikimaru


"Dethtron, you are...an asshole" - 38% of Dick Move Readers


" I probably won't read unless I'm bored as shit at work" - A. Hack



"I cannot bring myself to actually read this drivel"- anonymous

"pox riddled post coital stain of a blog"- anonymous



Sunday, May 23, 2010

We Were Promised Jetpacks!

I'll bet that looking at the title when it came up on your blog roll, you thought that this was going to be about a Blood Angels jump pack army, right....

Tough shit. I just got back from a hellish day and night at my dad's with my horrible step family. Apparently my step-brother has turned into a horrible little teenager who can find cause to complain about anything and everything since the last time I was forced to spend time with him. And there I was thinking that my new bastard step-niece was going to be the most annoying part of this weekend. Turned out that she is actually mellow for a 1 week old... who would have guessed. Well anyways, I have gotten a request for lessons in economics/accounting/diplomancy and have a handful of e-mails to sort through- one of which had an attachment so long, my palm pre crashed while trying to open it... So to address all of these things, here's a band you might like......

From Glasgow, We Were Promised Jetpacks released their first album, "These Four Walls," in the summer of 2009. It's pretty great. They followed it up with a 5 song EP, "The Last Place You'll Look," in March of this year. It boasts 60% new material (with 2 re-recorded songs from the first record). I don't have a lot to say about this band. It's pretty straightforward stuff. They have the best name of any band ever, though. I also don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but their singer's brogue kinda gives me a boner...no homo....

umm so hey, here's a video from "These Four Walls:"




Here's a song from the new EP:



Last, here's my favorite song from their full length. It takes a minute to get going, so be patient, you'll be glad you got there when it happens....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually thought it was about the new GKs :P.

Teenagers. Phaw! Glad I never was one.

Anonymous said...

HA! And I thought it was a James Bond reference...

Anonymous said...

http://www.martinjetpack.com

The only way to travel...

TheKing Elessar said...

I AM a jetpack.

Huh?

priasts: OIrish Priests (Priests from OIreland)

Hoags said...

These guys are playing Chicago soon. And do often!