" a piss ant blog" -Rikimaru


"Dethtron, you are...an asshole" - 38% of Dick Move Readers


" I probably won't read unless I'm bored as shit at work" - A. Hack



"I cannot bring myself to actually read this drivel"- anonymous

"pox riddled post coital stain of a blog"- anonymous



Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mathlete of the Week


There is no sarcasm in this week's Mathlete post*. Whoever created the tool I am about to reveal to you has my utmost respect.

Earlier in the week, Brother Loring shot me an e-mail with a link to the "Heresy Combat Calculator" from Heresy online. Here's what Loring had to say about it:


Came across this little gem and thought you may have some nice words to say about it.


Math-hammer at it's finest.


http://www.heresy-online.net/combatcalculator/shooting.php


To which I replied: "That is awesome! Completely pointless, but awesome."

The fact of the matter is that this may be useful to those of you who aren't so great at math. Remember how I have previously extolled the virtues of having a rudimentary understanding of probability to help improve your game? Well now with this, you don't have to any more. It will figure out the probabilities for you. The funny thing about this is that it probably took whoever created this about 50 times longer to make the spreadsheet for this than it would have for him to calculate all the stats he will ever need to play. I have to respect the kind of insanity necessary to make this program.

While I haven't gotten a full chance to put the application through its paces, I ran a few basic scenarios through it and it came out with correct answers, so I will prematurely give it my stamp of approval and move on with life, throwing the scientific method and caution to the wind.

=================================================================================
*This is not legally binding. There is, in fact, in all likelihood a metric fuck-ton of Sarcasm here, although the author of this blog has set out with the intention of proving that the actual mathlete named herein is actually a rad individual, deserving of this high honor unlike previous mathletes who were tards.

6 comments:

The CPT said...

I have to admit, this is impressive, but I was hoping you'd go with this:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=6550

Mephiston FTW

Chumbalaya said...

Ugh CPT, why did you bring that gem up? I'm depressed and angry now.

Anonymous said...

Superb!

Once again Dethtron, you demonstrate how Math-hammer = win!

Dethtron said...

once again broham Loring you demonstrate that I can't tell the difference between sarcasm and not sarcasm on the internet :p

Anonymous said...

That's the point! ;-)

'Broham'.... never heard the term..... I like it!

Dethtron said...

yeah, it's kind of like brohammed