" a piss ant blog" -Rikimaru


"Dethtron, you are...an asshole" - 38% of Dick Move Readers


" I probably won't read unless I'm bored as shit at work" - A. Hack



"I cannot bring myself to actually read this drivel"- anonymous

"pox riddled post coital stain of a blog"- anonymous



Monday, May 3, 2010

New M.I.A.

A new M.I.A track "Born Free" from a new album due out later this year hit the interwebs last week. If this is any indication of how the rest of the album is going to be, I'm pumped. I had a little bit of a love/hate relationship with her last album, so it'll be nice to see if she can pull it together on the new effort. Seriously though, that Jimmy song is possibly one of the biggest pieces of crap ever written. If I wanted to listen to something that sounds like bollywood tunes, I'd just go listen to some bollywood tunes. The new song, however, is super awesome and crunchy. Lots of distortion for the win. Reminds me a little bit of a few songs off of Bjork's last album, where she used the reactable synth.

When I went to show Dr. Girlfriend the new M.I.A. video on youtube, the following conversation occurred:
Deth: Have you heard the new M.I.A. track yet? It's totally boss.

Dr.: Haven't heard it yet, but you know I don't like her child voice. Super annoying to listen to, like Gabby Lala.

Deth: But I think you'd like this, it sounds a lot like old suicide.

Dr.: I have no idea who that is...

Deth: remember, they're that electronic group from the late 70s that I'm obsessed with. They did that "Ghost Rider" song......grabs a Suicide album and proceeds to play ghost rider

Dr: Oh yeah, I like that song, let's hear the new M.I.A. then.

Deth: Queues up the new song Holy shit, I just realized that's a sample of "Ghost Rider." That's like the whole fucking song. This is awesome.




Now here is "Ghost Rider" by Suicide, for your additional listening pleasure.

1 comment:

Farmpunk said...

the MIA song's pretty decent. I think I'd prefer it with chunky, distorted guitar rather than the synth. But that's just my own personal preference.

I could see her fronting a hardcore band singing it.