" a piss ant blog" -Rikimaru


"Dethtron, you are...an asshole" - 38% of Dick Move Readers


" I probably won't read unless I'm bored as shit at work" - A. Hack



"I cannot bring myself to actually read this drivel"- anonymous

"pox riddled post coital stain of a blog"- anonymous



Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Night Internet Fight: Round 52!!

FNIF 52- the revenge
guys drop your snowmobiling in here as you get the chance.  if you have time, drop by a few times to riff off of each other.  Make sure you use the appropriate color of text, because I’m just dropping the raw html into WordPress to make this feasible to edit.

thanks for playing.............my intro follows, be sure to snowmobile it as well

First off, happy first anniversary to the FNIF. One year of this shit? And we’re still reading it.  Speak for yourself - I gave up on this shit the first time you won.  I have it on good faith that most guys would dream of a three-way for their anniversary gift (not as easy as you’d think, really), so I’ve done you two better- a five way.  I’ve got Lauby, Brent, Kirby, and for the first time ever Tasty Taste So I guess I am just watching then? Hawt! ~no, you’re the last man in the centipede...  gathered here today to plow some internet bitches into the ground.  

Today’s post is a little bittersweet, since it involves the recent departure of Ron of FTW from the blogosphere.  Sadder still, I didn’t have to edit out too many comments that were actually related to the tribute post that Brent put up on BoLS.  Maddening though this may be, it’s also intensely hilarious to me because this is the kind of shit that could only happen to Brent.  That’s no joke - I was seriously proud of this article... I actually thought it might do big numbers with folks wishing ol’ Ron well, but instead we get the most needlessly contentious comment’s section any of my Bell articles have generated.  The fight will begin shortly, but first be sure to pay close attention to the color coded legend below otherwise this group snowmobiling love in is going to be confusing as shit. I kinda feel like the color coding is as close to a closing the barn doors after the cows have already escapes as any blogger’s gonna get.  Short of owning a diary farm.

dethtron
Brent
Lauby
Kirby
TastyTaste

After the first year of this series I should bloody well hope that you dicks understand that none of the names have been changed to protect the innocent (...should I start using an internet nickname now?), Probably, last time I googled for pics about you, all I got was a bunch of stuff about twinks but their avatars have been for my own amusement.  If you’re new here, welcome, and I’m sorry that somebody sent you a link of you being made fun of by a group of “adults” with nothing better to do than copy/paste somebody else’s fight and make fun of idiots like you.  Surprisingly little content was edited out of this comments thread, but I had to fuck about with the order of posts but plenty.  Snowmobiling shall be expertly applied like so much sex jelly by the guest columnists in the colors of the above legend- good luck trying to make sense of any of what is about to happen.  If you are still under the illusion that anything about life actually matters, make sure you vote in the poll at the bottom of the page to ensure that Kirby will never again win another round of FNIF! I completely endorse Kirby never winning anything!

frankio9- Primus inter pares Ack, Catholic Highschool Nightmares and Life of Brian sweet dreams

Myu- I came, me too in my eye still watching...
I saw,
I bathed the firsters with cleansing fire! Translate this into Latin or it doesn’t count

Kudos for the latin tho ~boodos for your English

Isaac- Correct me if i am wrong but does that mean "first through the flame"? my latin is a bit lacking. ~yeah, apparently.  Thanks for that revelation

ShiftAlmighty- how can you play space marines and not know that?!  This makes even less sense once something closer to an actual translation pops up.

*edit* .................... you play space marines like the rest of us, right? was this an attempt at wit?

steelmage99- It means; First among equals.
Was used to describe Ceasars role in the Roman Senate. Is that real historical knowledge or is that just wikipedia happy to see you? No, man.  steelmage99 is a bona fide historian.  He’s at least as smart as the high school gym teachers who always get suckered into teaching history.

nikephoros- I'm not sure they used that term to describe it. Julius Caesar was a dictator, and Augutus Caesar used princeps. If you have a primary citation for that, I'd like to see it. Brutus, c. 45 BC You would think someone using a Byzantine Emperor as a screen name would know better tisk tisk...

As far as I'm aware, the term was used first to denote the Pope's role in comparison to the other Patriachs of Christianity: Constantinople, Jersusalem (Jerusalem even!), Antioch, and Alexandria.  Cheboygan, Walla Walla, Atlantic City, etc.

ShiftAlmighty- look at Watson over here!

Hey pal i hear IBM is looking for you May his reign over us human cattle be violent and long  Sssh!  The Facebook might hear you!

demonetrigan- Post id tempus auctoritate omnibus praestiti, potestatis autem nihilo amplius habui quam ceteri, qui mihi quoque in magistratu conlegae fuerunt ~hey I’ve got some Latin for you:  FUCK YOU! Pardon your French. ~sucer mes testicules Kirby

That is taken from the "res gestae" Augustus' funerary inscription which roughly translates as "I was more highly esteemed but not more powerful than my contemporaries" And from that sentiment derives the idea of the "primus inter pares"
It was later used in the Roman Catholic church to refer to the special position the pope, as bishop of Rome held with regards to all the other bishops.

Hope that helped. I translated this as “I think I’m better than you.” I translated it as this was the first thing he found when he Google Old Latin. That’s why I turn safe search off.

nikephoros- So I was right. Thanks for backing me up, bud. Nikephoros, Demonetrigan - they’re out of control cops and they’re out for... STREET JUSTICE

Game Thug- Is that what you took from his post? Your reading comprehension needs some work.  FUCK YOU!  You’re insult comprehension needs some work.  This tired old bullshit?  This is the best rebuttal you could come up with?  You’re a human representation of everything that’s awful about abortion clinic medical waste.  Ya, Game Thug needs to reset; regardless of what anyone may think of the conversation, it ain’t lowbrow.  Reading comprehension isn’t an issue.

nikephoros- I was trying to be nice. ~why be nice when you can help make a pointless mockery of a serious tribute post.....Like this! ~when will you all understand that I am above the laws of mere mortal man? So you live in Kirby’s Dreamland, too? ~no, the crappy yarn one... Ouch. I have the original.  Stop it you two.  The original point was that the term "primes inter pares" was "used to describe Ceasars role in the Roman Senate."

When in fact, that term was NOT used. demonetrigan posted something from the res gestae, where the idea was expressed but that particular term was not used at all. So I was right, the term was NOT used to describe roman imperial power.

And he backed me up, incorrectly but close enough, that the term comes from a medieval religious basis and nothing to do with classical history.  The longer this goes on, the more I feel like history just got caught in a drive by.

So yes, he did back me up, even if it was unintentional. As you can see, my reading comprehension is perfectly fine.

GameThug- Your pedantic~god damn Family Guy- you’ll rue the..... shit nature is obvious; I don't know if I see that your reading comprehension is great. steelmage99 A fine and respected historian, that one is.  His seminal works: The Big Book of Vomitoriums is a classic.  said the phrase was used to describe Caesar's relationship with the Senate, and scholarship nearly universally uses this phrase to so describe it. So it "was" and "is" used as steelmage99 stated. Now, whether or not Augustus or his contemporaries used the phrase is certainly...not certain. But maybe you, Bill, and Ted could bring us a real live Roman to prove your point that "primus inter pares" was NOT used. Ever. Not even in reference to the Princeps Senatus.

But hey--in an internet full of blowhards, you can probably consider yourself "primus inter pares". You definitely stand out among people who claim to be right on thin evidence and misinterpretation of other people's points. Have to give props for Bill and Ted reference though according to historical records only Socrates was brought back by Rufus’s timemachine making him the only person close to the Roman Age.

Porky_Poster- Man, I'm going to miss From the Warp. Porky for the win!

ShiftAlmighty- who cares? more traffic for my favorite 40k site BOLS BABY WE NUMBA WON BIG TIME Switch to pink.

The_thin_man- Only a gamer could ruin a nice sentiment and a lovely gesture like yours with the compulsive need to be right. Only a gamer could feel real sorrow by the death of another Wargaming blog for christsake!  I felt mad sorrow - I’m a blogger I am.  To be honest though, I have no idea who this guy is referring to... but I can’t be bothered to check.

I think some of these guys wouldn't mind correcting someone at a eulogy.  That’s a pretty funny line, actually!

flummer- TL:DR ~so after months of not knowing what the hell this means I finally looked it up and now I realize that everyone IS lazy.  Also I know what Discworld is now.... first day with the Internet  I read this one and came close to typing DC:FO... as in, Don’t Care: Fuck Off.  

Porky_Poster- It's big of you to tell us - not everyone would admit that. Listen hear you goddamn son of a... wait...  Someone get this man a high five!  ~I feel weird having a FNIF in which nobody cracks wise about Porky’s mama or something  I’ll bite:  Porky’s mom has sooo many breasts... I can’t do it - I dig me some Porky Poster I do.  

Azureus-  The BoLS alliance: resembling a giant circle-jack a little more each day ~it’s cute that you’re upset that you aren’t going to be the one to eat the cracker at the end  I prefer the term, Mutual Masturbation myself.  I was actually okay with this dude.  He gave a concise reason for why he disliked the article.

Brent- Feeling left out? I've got plenty of hugs for you too. :) ~I’ve heard about your “hugs.”  And you’ll be hearing from my lawyer about that And how does that make you feel? As long as I can watch...  This is my only line from in the comments and this is the best you guys got?  At least Lauby didn’t chime in.

Azureus- No, because I'm not a pretentious wargames blogger.  I didn’t respond for a reason... ‘cause he’s right the fuck on with that one!  I let it go; he was looking for a fight.  As evidenced by Exhibit A...

Chris Coker- So...you're pretentious, but not a blogger, right? FTW!

Azureus- "Pretentious wargames blogger" was meant to be taken as one conjoined label.  How pretentious of you.

Chris Coker- That didn’t help...

Azureus- Well, I was trying to. (?) Allow me to clarify - I find the pedestal that some here put themselves on with these interviews to be hugely pretentious. I don't see how disliking that pretence automatically makes me pretentious.  This was his rationale?  Geez.  Let me say this with all the sincerity I can muster: so fucking what?  

I hope that "helps". Well it makes you sound like a dickwad who is looking down on what Ron and Brent do for the 40k blogging community. I mean, Brent is my muse and if I didn’t have my muse you wouldn’t have 3++. And then you wouldn’t have the awesomest blog ever. So get off your pedestal; there’s a group one over here! It is not about the community it is about me me me and Brent hasn’t done shit for me of late where is my fucking coffee Brent! and hugs...  Okay Tasty, way to screw up my compliment!  

nikephoros- Luckily for you, I'm pretentious and a wargames blogger. But I keep the two separate. Got to love honesty.

MarshalWilhelm- I wouldn't bother, dude.

There are a surprising number of commenters here who love to tear things down.  ~Viva la revolucion. I thought this was a thread about Latin. Project Mayhem will never die I thought Project Mayhem was applying to BoLS and then posting shit. The funny thing is, they do it anyway. *looks at Mercer and BBF* meltagun death? Beating tyranids when they make mistakes? Project Mayhem FTW! ~well the original project mayhem involved me applying to BoLS under the name Big Read, but several other things happened after that, like spamming “boner” on BoK

Which is quite safe to do when they are not under such scrutiny.

They don't change.  True.
They don't listen.  Right on.
They just undermine things.  He’s talking about me, right?

Just let them play with their shovels and picks (He said ‘pricks!’  Oh, wait...) and save yourself from getting dirty.

:)

Chris Coker- I normally like it dirty, but oh well...   More like Chris Choker.  Hiyo! Can I watch?  What are you doing with the video camera..?  ~capturing the double knuckle shuffle?  One of my finest moments!  Do you realize how long it took most folks to catch the dirty joke inside a joke?  Love that video!  

Azureus- "Tearing things down"? So you're happy with the number of really shoddy articles and weird self-loving interviews we've gotten lately? I am sure BoLS is happy with you continuing to contribute to their comment count  I thought this was a pretty good interview myself.

Seems like a situation worth tearing down. BoLS used to be better, and I'd like to see a return to those days. Can we define better again? I can define best: 3++ =D  Sellout.  

If you want to talk about my position with me please do - but don't just sit back idly "liking" every comment that goes against me and snidely putting me down to others. Direct your concerns at me so we can discuss them. That'd be a lot healthier for everyone, no? No indeed.  For once I agree with you.

MarshalWilhelm- I have reasoned with people that have your viewpoint previously. All it does is cause me heartache stop breaking his heart!  Stop commenting on this post.  For the love of god... think of MarshelWilhelms tender heart. and draws me in to something that won't be altered by just me. It is like a mire. I have decided to not post in response to certain people anymore. Better for me and though I don't think it is better for them, at least they are free from an argument-fest.

SPOILER ALERT:  Dumbledore dies at the end of this comment. JK Rowling is the worst writer ever. Ever. and and the Vampire Baby eats its way out of Bella’s vag! Don’t get me started!

Ask dear Porky, if you wish. His comments against things were far worse than yours. It wasn't the point that he was making that was the problem. It was that he would slander those who didn't conform to Romantic 40K and harangue people who showed dissent from that.

I cannot recall a single target who changed their view due to his posting at them.

Anytime someone stops using contractions in their comment its a good indication that they just got on the b train to self righteous psuedo-academic town. How far is it this town from pretentious turnpike again?  It’s just down the street from the Mensa Academy.  

Porky has much to offer the hobby. Bullying people into conforming to his view of how to play is not amongst that much.

We have chosen to focus on things that we have in common and has been going well so far.
:) That smiley face isn’t genuine! I am glad that to see couples therapy is working out for them.

If I like a comment that is 'against you' it is because it often repeats the message that I would share with you, coarse language or not, but saves me getting into a tit hehehe for tat set of posts. I am encouraged and encouraging those who are reasonable.

If I do anything 'snidely' it is to warn them from getting bogged down into something that is mostly fruitless. Why would I post to you 'it is not worth talking to you, Azureus, on this matter'?
The message is for the guy I post to. And you if you have an open heart.

But don't think I am talking to just you. It is the whole lot of half-empties that fills these comments sections.

If you think you will have a bad day, you are making it hard to being receptive to a good day. I am not talking on some airy-fairy Happy Happy Joy Joy thing. But a rainy paradigm is the reality that those with such glasses on see.

As to talking to you about things, well, I don't think that will happen.
If you have a problem with an article, how about telling Big Red, someone who can actually change something?
When you hit a hammer against a pin [engineering, not clothing] it makes a noise. If you don't use a big enough hammer, all you do is make noise. The pin doesn't move. Posting mean comments in the comments section is just like using that too small a hammer. Nothing happens, but noise.

Besides when I showed that your response to someone writing 'lrn 2 reed' after you wrote much the same thing to Kirby was hypocritical, Porky and someone else showed that your comment on another thing was inappropriate.
What did both Porky and I get for our troubles?
A "I'm the victim and you are persecuting me" post.  Speaking of victim statements...

What you did in the first place to Kirby was only equalled by the guy that wrote 'lrn 2 reed'. But you were offended by that and wanted yours to only be a joke but his was offensive?
People cannot speak to someone who is such an uneven judge of a situation.

So you are somewhat right. "That'd be a lot healthier for everyone, no!"

I am sorry if you feel I am being mean to you. It is not just you. Others could wear this cap too. ~well that was certainly long.  Anybody else read it?  Nope - I scrolled down.  You?  No, didn’t think so I stopped when it became obvious this was turning into an AA meeting. TL;DR  DC:FO

Azureus- Stunned you dragged that episode up again. I maintain my innocence in that - I made a joke, and the other guy didn't. Simples. The fact that you disagree doesn't belittle my skills of judgement at all, but nice try - ad hominem much? Yippie more Latin! ~Onay away!  uckfay!

I don't have a "rainy day attitude", quite the opposite and to suggest otherwise is slanderous technically, its libel since it’s been published in some form- I'm clearly optimistic that with a *minimum of effort* we could see some standards on BoLS, and I push in hope of seeing improvement. Yet you’ll likely never volunteer to do anything more than piss all over a comments section. Which is ironic considering what we are doing here... Ah, yes... but we aren’t claiming to be agents of positive change. Would this make more sense if it was entirely in pig latin? yabsolutel tno uyo lfoo!  Sshh!  I’m listening!  That's why I say the challenging things, even though I get endlessly flamed for saying it by boy scouts like yourself. Or maybe, you’re the flamer. Maybe. Sshh! I posit that you are the one with the pessimistic attitude, happy to accept the swill you're given in exchange for a quiet life and not complaining. What you're saying is pretty ridiculous if you look at it, but that's fine, because you've got a narrative and you're pedalling it. Good for you. I'm a pessimist because I believe and hope in improvement, and you're an optimist because you've accepted mediocrity. I'm a bad judge of situation because I make a delineation between an innocent joke and a directed assault, and you're a good judge of situation because when it suits you you'll ignore that delineation so as to further your agenda against your opponent. It's all very silly and I'm not buying any of it, so dump the "enlightened nice guy" bit because it's trash and you're every bit the troll you're trying so hard to make me out to be.

That is the last I have to say on the matter. Good day.  ...And with that he affixes his monocle, rolls up his copy of the London Times and courteously leaves. So you are saying he is Professor Layton? Is he still talking?  I thought that was pretty well-written, to be honest.  I dig it!  I like my criticism nice and grammatically correct... though there was a misplaced comma there.

Porky_Poster-  I can agree with a lot of that, of course, except the slander again, it’s libel and bullying. It's about making sure the prevailing views are at least challenged, and encouraging others to speak up too. Whether or not the views of the people directly involved change I don't know, but some of the hundreds or thousands (...think bigger!) of silent readers might see something new. I'd like Azureus to go about it differently, but I can't find fault with him challenging us. This is starting to feel more like the start to a bad porn or the plot of Threesome I am not really sure...

I_and_I- ~bum biddily bum biddily bum biddily bum...... PASS the Dutchie Mon I've never checked out FTW but I have seen some of your models and they are great and your logo is definitely the best (kirby ~the hell man.  Seriously can one FNIF go by without mentioning that a-hole. You invited me in you douchebag! ~funny, that’s not how I remember it...... Bumbaclot! Your wife does =D (is this okay? *concerned face*) Leave Dethron’s sister out of this! you get 2nd) so good luck with whatever you're up to next bro  ~him no bro mon.  Him wear dem punny printers!. Adios!

Kirby- 2nd :(. ~asshat! I know I should HAVE (hi BroLo) gotten 1st!  Are we done yet?


No comments: